marzo 10, 2005

WAYS OF TOUCHING


LEVEL: Advanced

Complete the sentences choosing the right verbs from the following list and making the necessary tense changes.

Touch / caress / embrace / kiss / tickle / tap / push / massage / punch / slap / spank / pinch / yank / shake / grope / pat / stroke / hit

1) In a boxing match one boxer . . . . . . . . . . . the other.
2) My son . . . . . . . . . . . the ball so hard that it broke the window pane.
3) Don't . . . . . . . . . . . me! It makes me laugh too much!
4) Don't . . . . . . . . . . . your foot on the floor. You're making me nervous!
5) I don't think parents should . . . . . . . . . . . their children.
6) My husband was dozing off in the middle of Parents Meeting, so I had to . . . . . . . . . . . his arm in order to wake him up.
7) The repair man . . . . . . . . . . . on the wire and it broke.
8) Nurses sometimes . . . . . . . . . . . patients' hands to comfort them when they are in pain.
9) He . . . . . . . . . . . his wife's cheek with love.
10) If he says that again, I'll . . . . . . . . . . . him across the face!