marzo 10, 2005

CARS II


A) Which kind of car would you most like to own? Why?

Van
Jeep
Saloon
Hatchback
Estate car
Sports car
Soft-top


B) Read this insurance claim and use it to complete the chart which follows. Which words go with each part? Choose the correct one.

The accident was caused, I believe, because the lights on the boy's bicycle were faulty. Thus I did not see him until I had turned across the road. Obviously I had to swerve to try to avoid him and that is why I hit the wall. The boy crashed into the bollards at the side of the road. The bicycle ended up with a buckled front wheel. My car is almost a complete write-off. The headlights are smashed, the bonnet is dented and the front bumper is completely buckled. Of course the windscreen was shattered and there are two big dents in the wing. Luckily neither of us was seriously hurt.

dented / shattered / buckled / broken / faulty / smashed

a) The wing is ...
b) The bumper is ...
c) The headlight is ...
d) The windscreen is ...
e) The wheel is ...